f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Follow Me Friday - #7 + Book Blog Hop - #5 + TGIF - #2
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Follow Me Friday - #7 + Book Blog Hop - #5 + TGIF - #2

{ ++ } It's been a crazy week for me work-wise and life-wise so a kind of slow week here at my blog BUT nevertheless, a little bit late but better than not at all hopefully, it's time for the weekend and with it, the weekend memes!


{ ++ } Follow Me Friday, aka "Follow My Book Blog" is probably the coolest meme I've come across in awhile.  It's hosted over at Parajunkee's View and us amazing book-a-holics get the chance to answer a reading-related question, as well as make new friends over the weekend.  It's a great way to kick off said weekend, and a really fun and easy way of stealing our way into the hearts of fellow book blogger's.

{ ++ } Each week, Rachel features one lucky blogger and this week's feature is Rhiannon Paille.  Everyone please head on over to her blog and join up!


Q. Genre Wars! What's your favorite genre and which book in that genre made it your favorite?

Oh wow, oh wow.  My favorite genre?  Ummm fantasy.  I like urban fantasy but my hands-down favorite genre is swords-and-magic-quest-evil-vs-the-good-guys-dragons-and-other-stuff fantasy.  I haven't reviewed many fantasy books on this blog because my reading has been all over the place in the last few years but my first love would have to be Terry Brooks.  I believe First King of Shannara was the first fantasy book I ever read, and from there, I proceeded to devour all of his novels.  I'm about two trilogies behind but I have VERY good memories of reading the Landover books, the Shannara books, and the Word and Void trilogy.  I'm hoping to at least re-read some of his works next year so that I can move on to the newer ones I have, but haven't read.  I have a lot of love for this author, and visit his web site regularly to catch up on his news.




{ ++ } Hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books, what better way to allow us book bloggers to mix and mingle than a bit of a reading-related social?  Every week she hosts this event, where we can throw our names in the hat so to speak, and hopefully end up with a few new friends who share our interests and our love (and in my case, obsession) of books.  It's also a party and it's all in fun!


Q: How many books are currently in your To-Be-Read (TBR) Pile?

My Goodreads TBR list as of today says 275 but I know there are more that I haven't listed.  Still, that's enough to keep me busy reading for...a long time!  At the rate I'm going it's probably enough for the rest of my life.  LOL.  Problem is of course that I keep finding - and buying - new and interesting books!  Every time I tell myself I need to stop...then I start all over again.  Is that an addiction?  LOL


   { ++ } TFIG is a nifty little meme hosted by Ginger of GReads, which basically kick-starts the weekend by throwing out a fun little book-related question, and also giving bloggers a chance to recap what we've posted this week for anyone who may have missed one of our events.








This week at Once Upon a Prologue

Q: And I Quote: What are some of your favorite book quotes?

 "There is only one page left to write on. I will fill it with words of only one syllable. I love. I have loved. I will love."  Henry de Tamble - The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenneger

"Love who you love while you have them. That's all you can do. Let them go when you must. If you know how to love, you'll never run out." My Name is Memory by Anne Brashares
 
"There's always going to be bad stuff out there. But here's the amazing thing -- light trumps darkness, every time. You stick a candle into the dark, but you can't stick the dark into the light."   Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult

{ ++ } That's it for this week, guys.  I am headed out to a bonfire/shindig here in a little bit but will do some hoppin' when I get back!  Everyone have a fantastic evening and weekend!