f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Follow Me Friday - #8 + Book Blogger Hop - #6 + TGIF - #3
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, June 24, 2011

Follow Me Friday - #8 + Book Blogger Hop - #6 + TGIF - #3


{ ++ } Follow Me Friday, aka "Follow My Book Blog" is probably the coolest meme I've come across in awhile.  It's hosted over at Parajunkee's View and us amazing book-a-holics get the chance to answer a reading-related question, as well as make new friends over the weekend.  It's a great way to kick off said weekend, and a really fun and easy way of stealing our way into the hearts of fellow book blogger's.

{ ++ } Each week, Rachel features one lucky blogger and this week's feature is Mickey at I'm A Book Shark.  Everyone please head on over to her blog and join up!


Q. In light of the Summer Solstice. Also known as Midsummer...let's talk about fairies. What is your favorite fairy tale or story that revolves around the fae?

{ ++ } I read a lot of supernatural themed books but not that many of them really deal with the fae.  Probably the most stand-out series I ever read that could be considered a fairy tale was Richard Baker's The Last Mythal trilogy.  It's been ages since I read the trilogy but I pretty much became obsessed with it for awhile.  I really loved the story being told and the characters as well as the whole mythos.

Half-demon, half-elf monsters infest the glades of the High Forest, the mountains around Evereska, and the very halls of Evermeet itself. They claim a birthright that was taken from them so long ago even the elves who imprisoned them forgot they existed. For millennia the daemonfey army planned, grew, and waited.

Until now...




{ ++ } Hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books, what better way to allow us book bloggers to mix and mingle than a bit of a reading-related social?  Every week she hosts this event, where we can throw our names in the hat so to speak, and hopefully end up with a few new friends who share our interests and our love (and in my case, obsession) of books.  It's also a party and it's all in fun!



Q: When did you realize reading was your passion and a truly important part of your life?

{ ++ } Um.  Wow!  What an awesome question.  However I am not really sure there was any one "aha!" moment where I realized what an avid reader I was, and was always going to be.  My mom taught me to read when I was in kindergarten and I took a book in to read to the class.  My best friend and I used to get the same book from the library and have reading contests to see who could read the book faster.  But I guess in the last ten years or so when my book collection started growing and growing...and growing, and my writing started flourishing, I realized I was a huge book dork and proud of it.  I am always going to be a reader.  People give me strange looks sometimes or wonder why I get so into this book or that one, but, this is me.  The geeky, book girl.  : )


   { ++ } TFIG is a nifty little meme hosted by Ginger of GReads, which basically kick-starts the weekend by throwing out a fun little book-related question, and also giving bloggers a chance to recap what we've posted this week for anyone who may have missed one of our events.



Summer Love: Where is your ideal place to take a summer vacation & get lost in a book?

{ ++ } Oh.  Oh.  If only I could afford it, I'd love to be at a beach right now kicked back, toes in the sand, just chilling and reading some really good book.  I so rarely can afford to take vacations that anything is special.  :D  
 
 
This week at Once Upon a Prologue

Reviews
Treasure Me by Christine Nolfi

Memes

{ ++ } That's it for this week, guys.  Everyone have a fun weekend, and I'll be doing some hoppin' tomorrow!