f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Follow Me Friday - #9 + Book Blogger Hop - #7 + TGIF - #4
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, July 1, 2011

Follow Me Friday - #9 + Book Blogger Hop - #7 + TGIF - #4

{ ++ } Follow Me Friday, aka "Follow My Book Blog" is probably the coolest meme I've come across in awhile.  It's hosted over at Parajunkee's View and us amazing book-a-holics get the chance to answer a reading-related question, as well as make new friends over the weekend.  It's a great way to kick off said weekend, and a really fun and easy way of stealing our way into the hearts of fellow book blogger's.

{ ++ } Each week, Rachel features one lucky blogger and this week's feature is Ericka at Let's Talk About Books.  Everyone please head on over to her blog and show her some love!


Q. ACK! Your favorite book/movie character (example Hermione Granger played by the Emma chick) just walked into the room! Who is it and what would be your first reaction? You get extra points if you include visual stimulation.

{ ++ } Oh wow.  I honestly have no idea who my favorite book character is...  I have so many!  And then you get into male, female, etc.  Wow.  That's a huge question that I'll have to think on.  Wow.  Ummm.  Ok.  Daemon SaDiablo from Anne Bishop's Black Jewels trilogy is my favorite male character.  I guess that's who I'm going to go with.  I have lots that come in close but Daemon is damn sexy, charismatic, intelligent, seductive - all things I can't see many actors pulling off quite like Ian Somerhalder could.  I've adored him since Lost, and now I drool over him on The Vampire Diaries, and I think he is my "dream cast" for Daemon.

And if Daemon Sadi walked into a room I was in, I'd be immediately squee'ing, flailing, and reduced to a puddle on the floor, likely. 







{ ++ } Hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books, what better way to allow us book bloggers to mix and mingle than a bit of a reading-related social?  Every week she hosts this event, where we can throw our names in the hat so to speak, and hopefully end up with a few new friends who share our interests and our love (and in my case, obsession) of books.  It's also a party and it's all in fun!

What keeps you reading beyond the first few pages of a book, and what makes you want to stop reading a book and put it back on the shelf?

{ ++ } Oh...so many things.  The "voice" of the main character - does he or she seem like someone I can at least somewhat identify with, and admire?  The relationships between the characters.  The author's writing style.  The actual story itself.  It all mixes in to grab my attention and keep me reading.  If the story doesn't mesh well with me, or if I don't like the characters I'm reading about, or just don't care about them, I'll stop reading the book.  Though the story usually has to be pretty bad for me to just stop reading it.  I try to finish all the books I start.


  { ++ } TFIG is a nifty little meme hosted by Ginger of GReads, which basically kick-starts the weekend by throwing out a fun little book-related question, and also giving bloggers a chance to recap what we've posted this week for anyone who may have missed one of our events.

 Mr & Mrs: Who are your favorite book couples?




{ ++ } Ahaha, wow.  This is my kind of question.  I have SO many.  Henry and Clare from The Time Traveler's Wife.  Sam and Kent from Before I Fall.  Jamie and Claire from the Outlander series.  Daemon and Jaenelle from the Black Jewels trilogy.  Jacob and Bella from the Twilight series.  (I will be forever and forever convinced that they belonged together.)  Jo and Laurie from Little Women (damn it, there was something there.)  Ron and Hermione from the Harry Potter series.  Cathy and Chris from the Dollanganger series.  And one of the ones that mean the most to me, Katniss and Peeta from the Hunger Games series. 


Did I mention I love a lot of different book pairings?



This week at Once Upon a Prologue...

Reviews;
Dawn by V.C. Andrews
Secrets of the Morning by V.C. Andrews

Memes;