f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Follow Friday - #17 + Book Blogger Hop - #15
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, September 16, 2011

Follow Friday - #17 + Book Blogger Hop - #15


{ ++ } Follow Me Friday, aka "Follow My Book Blog" is probably the coolest meme I've come across in awhile.  It's hosted over at Parajunkee's View and also now at Alison Can Read, and us amazing book-a-holics get the chance to answer a reading-related question, as well as make new friends over the weekend.  It's a great way to kick off said weekend, and a really fun and easy way of stealing our way into the hearts of fellow book blogger's.

{ ++ } Each week, Rachel and Alison each feature one lucky blogger and the feature this week is Alaiel @ Librarian Mouse (SUPER cute design); Alison's is Cristina @ Alaskan Book Cafe.  Everyone please head on over to their blogs, follow, and show them some love!  It's a huge honor (I think!) to be featured.





Question of the Week



Q. It's that pesky magic book fairy again! She has another wish: What imaginary book world would you like to make a reality?

{ ++ } Wow.  So MANY places immediately come to mind, like Hogwarts!  Or the world of the Black Dagger Brotherhood (which is more a subculture than a new world) or Terry Brook's magic kingdom of Landover, or Panem to fight against the Capitol in the Hunger Games.  But I think I'm gonna have to go with the 'verse Robert Jordan created for his Wheel of Time series.  I think I would fit in well with the Aiel.  :)



{ ++ } Hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books, what better way to allow us book bloggers to mix and mingle than a bit of a reading-related social?  Every week she hosts this event, where we can throw our names in the hat so to speak, and hopefully end up with a few new friends who share our interests and our love (and in my case, obsession) of books.  It's also a party and it's all in fun!


Question of the Week


Q: As a book blogger, how do you introduce yourself in your profile? 
 
{ ++ } Awesome question!  My profile is done in the same format here, on LiveJournal, Twitter, Goodreads, and Facebook, with just a few additions/variations.  I list a few quirks/traits about myself and a few interests, so anyone who stumbles across me in any of the above places will have an idea of who I am.  And then of course I have an "about me" page where I go more in depth.  I think our profiles are an awesome way of doing a mini-introduction to the online world, and are especially important for us as book bloggers. 

I'll end with my Blogger profile.  : )

whimsical. dreamer. always learning. probably should have been british, with my love of tea & sense of humor. sci/fi fanatic. hopeful. romantic. music geek. lost to reveries.

I'm 26 years old, and a little more girly and Southern than I'd like to admit. I work at Lowes and spend way too much time reading, or writing in the 'verse my best friend and I created together, where I probably juggle more characters than I should. I love my friends fiercely, and they stick by me despite my oddities. I love my life, and am generally a happy and positive-thinking person.
 
 

Until We Meet Again

 
{ ++ } I am headed back to work (early) tomorrow after a week's vacation.  So I will be around some tomorrow evening hopping around to visit everyone.  Until then...take care, and read lots.