f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Top Ten Tuesday - #5: Save it for a Rainy Day
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - #5: Save it for a Rainy Day



{ ++ } Hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, this meme features a different theme every week, and hey, it's Tuesday - we've got the rest of the week ahead of us.  We all need a little fun, and who doesn't love the challenge of ranking their top 10 anything...especially when it comes to books?!  I know I do, hence why I thought it'd be fun to participate, and spice things up a little!






Top Ten Books That Have Been On My Shelf For The Longest But I've Never Read





{1} City of Bones by Cassanda Clare.  |  Don't get me wrong, it sounds really interesting, and it's obvious people love it.  But for me, all the hype has me in hives going, "keep it away from me!"  I tend to go the other direction when every force out there is telling me to do something.  I figure I'll read this one one someday. 

{2} The Pact by Jodi Picoult.  |  This is the first Picoult book I bought.  I read through parts of it, and it was so incredibly sad and hard to read that I put it down and moved on to her other books.  It's one of the few Picoults I've not read. 

{3} Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.  |  Twilight scarred me for life, and although this series sounds so appealing and amazing, I'm just not sure I'm quite ready to read a story about a girl who falls in love with a wolf/werewolf.  Back in the day I was a huge Team Jacob girl and I got my feelings hurt by the way some fans of both camp acted, and how the actual books ended. 

{4}The Secret History by Donna Tart.  |  Two of my best friends have read and loved this book.  I bought it back in 2007 and have no real excuse for having not read it, other than I'm saving it for that proverbial rainy day. 

{5} Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner.  |  Right about the time I bought this one, intending to dive into a "women's fiction" readathon, YA books took over me life and Jennifer's books got put on the back burner.  I'm hoping to change that in 2012.

{6} A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin.  |  I've picked up this book a few times and tried to read it.  I just haven't been in a "fantasy" mood in awhile! 

{7} Shadowfall by James Clemens.  |  This guy wrote the amazing Banned and the Banished series, published the first two books in the Godslayer Chronicles (Shadowfall and Hinterland) then completely fell off the map - website hasn't been updated in years, etc.  I want to reread the B&B one of these years but I can't work up the nerve to read Shawowfall just yet.  

{8} The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon.  |  I made it through the first four books in her Outlander series then took a break lest I get burned out.  That "break" has lasted about three years now.  I'm going to go back to the series and start from scratch the next time I'm in the mood to read historical romance, because Gabaldon is an excellent storyteller. 

{9} Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris.  |  I read all the other Southern Vampire novels (I think I like the books now more than I do the show, True Blood,) then took a break.  I usually read the novel so fast that I decided to wait until there were a few more out in paperback so that I could do a mini-read-a-thon of the books. 

{10} Elijah by Jacquelyn Frank.  |  I read the first two books in this series in 2012, picked up and got about 75 pages into Elijah, then swore of paranormal romance for awhile.  I've been afraid to go back in case I have the same reaction.  I really want to finish this series, but I'm terrified of that book.