f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Top Ten Tuesday - #9 : Top Ten Books You'd Hand To Someone Who Says They Don't Like To Read
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - #9 : Top Ten Books You'd Hand To Someone Who Says They Don't Like To Read







{ ++ } Hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, this meme features a different theme every week, and hey, it's Tuesday - we've got the rest of the week ahead of us.  We all need a little fun, and who doesn't love the challenge of ranking their top 10 anything...especially when it comes to books?!  I know I do, hence why I thought it'd be fun to participate, and spice things up a little!






February 7:  Top Ten Books You'd Hand To Someone Who Says They Don't Like To Read



{ 1 } Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling.  I resisted this series for awhile (why?  I'm not really sure) but when I finally DID read it, I could absolutely see why so many people have read and gushed about it.  It was an amazing experience, waiting for the last couple of books to come out, reading the last book, savoring it.  Even someone who doesn't normally read should make an exception for this book and the series!

{ 2 } Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris.  The Sookie Stackhouse series is a ) so much better than the show and b ) adorable and c ) sexy and rather addictive.  I ADORE the books and they have a bit of everything. 

{ 3 } Treasure Me by Christine Nolfi.  I shelved this as "women's fiction" on Goodreads and I reckon it would appeal more to women than men, but it DOES feature two narrators - one female, one male.  It's flirty, mysterious, sexy, inspiring, and a whole lot more.

{ 4 }The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  I know I mention THG too often but...four people at my work are currently reading it.  At least two of them don't read very often.  I LOVE that this trilogy is getting so many people to read! 

{ 5 } Take This Regret by Amy Lichtenhan.  This is the perfect mix of emotions, and is guaranteed to bring tears to your eyes and tug at your heart-strings.  You will feel SO MUCH reading this book. 

{ 6 } Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.  This book (and the series) has SO much to offer.  It's fun.  It's heart-pounding.  It's fun and thrilling and mysterious.  I liked the sequels more than this first book but it's definitely addictive.


{ 7 } The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong.  Kelley has a writing style that is easy to read and easy to get lost in.  She writes characters that are relatable - they're more like people you've known than fictional characters. 

{ 8 } Nightshade by Andrea Cremer.  I was hesitant to read this one (another werewolf book?) but then I did and I didn't regret it.  Cremer's world-building is SO superb that you're RIGHT THERE at  once, in the story, and it's all happening around you.  Plus?  There's not one but TWO hot guys. 

{ 9 } Daughter of the Blood by Anne Bishop.  I don't know what to say about this book.  It's...everything.  Heart-breaking.  Sensual.  Dark.  Addictive.  There's magic.  Court intrigue.  This book is one of my all-time favorites.  I loaned it to my friend Jennifer - who does NOT read - and it took her six months to read it, a few pages at a time, because she fell so hard for the book and the characters. 

{ 10 } Twentie's Girl by Sophie Kinsella.  Most people would say to start with her Shopaholic series (which is VERY cute) but I actually prefer her stand-alone novels.  They are light and funny, and quirky, but usually feature a great romance and lovable characters.  This is my favorite of her stand-alone novels!



{ ++ } Your turn!  What book or books would you give to someone who doesn't normally read to get them hooked?  (And who are these people who don't read?  Gosh!)

1 comments:

Mimi Valentine said...

LOL Harry Potter -- I don't know why I'm STILL resistant to read those books, especially when I've only heard the most amazing things about it! x) And other than a few books that I have on my TBR list, there are so many books on your list that I would recommend too. Like The Hunger Games, Vampire Academy, The Summoning and more!

Love your top ten, Molli! <3 I don't know why people wouldn't love reading either -- it definitely makes the world go round! LOL! ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for visiting! I appreciate every comment, and in return, will try to visit a recent post of yours and comment. PLEASE leave a link back to your blog in the comment so I can come to your blog. And have a fabulous day!