f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Bout of Books 4.0 - Goal Post
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Bout of Books 4.0 - Goal Post







This year for the first time EVER I am participating in a Read-A-Thon.  Bout of Books runs from 05/14/12 - 05/20/12 and the goal is to read as much as possible, interact with fellow bloggers, and have fun!  

Along the way, I'll be updating this post as I finish books, and I'll have a link to it in my sidebar so that it doesn't get lost amongst the other things I publish this week on the blog!  So be sure to check back throughout the week to see what I accomplish.  Before I jump into my goals, here's the low down...

  • Head over HERE if you haven't already signed up but want to!  There's a link to the rules, FAQ, and the sign-up post.
  • Follow the Bout of Books Twitter for announcements/info and such. 
Some other info, from the Bout of Books site, courtesy of the lovely ladies there!  (I'm being lazy and copying and pasting so these next bullet points are all them!)

  • Bout of Books is a week long read-a-thon, run from 12:01am on Monday, May 14th through 11:59pm Sunday, May 20st in whatever time zone you are in.
  • Bout of Books is low pressure, meaning participants are only asked to push themselves to read more than they normally would during any given week. There is no competition between readers.
  • How much time a reader wants, and can commit, to read, tweet, or network with fellow bloggers is left to individual preference. All challenges and giveaways are optional.
  • Networking with fellow bloggers is actively encouraged, though never required. Co-hosts are there to facilitate blog hopping and interaction between participants.
  • Use Twitter to post updates throughout the read-a-thon. Everyone will be tweeting with the #boutofbooks hashtag.
Amanda's format is AWESOME so I'm going to use that for my post format as far as my goals.

When Will I Be Reading?

As often as I possibly can - on my lunch break, on my breaks at work, and around chores/family time.   

Where Will I Be Updating?

Both here in this post and on Twitter and of course, Goodreads!  

What Will I Be Reading?

I'm going to use this week to get caught up on my NetGalley reads - I got SO overwhelmed there once, and I've told myself never again, in order to keep reading FUN.  So here are my goals! 









My Reading Progress

05/14/12

Number of Pages Read: 408
Number of Books Read: 1
Total Books Read: 1 (Innocent Darkness)

05/15/12


Number of Pages Read: 336
Number of Books Read: 1
Total Books Read: 2

 05/16/12

Number of Pages Read: 272
Number of Books Read: 1
Total Books Read: 3

 05/17/12


Number of Pages Read: N/A
Number of Books Read: N/A
Total Books Read: 3

05/18/12

Number of Pages Read: 50
Number of Books Read: N/A
Total Books Read: 3

05/19/12

Number of Pages Read: N/A
Number of Books Read: N/A
Total Books Read: 3

05/20/12

Number of Pages Read:
Number of Books Read:
Total Books Read:


If YOU'RE doing Bout of Books, feel free to leave a comment and a link to your post so that we can wish each other luck in our reading goals!

UPDATE: Well obviously I haven't reached my goal.  I dare say life got in the way a bit this week.  But that's okay because I'm closer to being caught up, and I've read three awesome books this week so...YAY!