f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Top Ten Tuesday - #17: Books to Screen
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - #17: Books to Screen









{ ++ } Hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, this meme features a different theme every week, and hey, it's Tuesday - we've got the rest of the week ahead of us.  We all need a little fun, and who doesn't love the challenge of ranking their top 10 anything...especially when it comes to books?!  I know I do, hence why I thought it'd be fun to participate, and spice things up a little!






May 1st, 2012: 
Top Ten Books I'd Like To See Made Into Movies







{ 1 } The Black Jewels trilogy by Anne Bishop.  If you know me outside the blog, or maybe even a few people who have been coming here for awhile, you know this trilogy is my obsession.  It changed the way I read.  It changed the way I write.  It changed the way I think about dark fantasy.  It changed ME.  Daemon Sadi is one of my all time favorite male characters EVER.  And while this series is incredibly sensual and intense and I'm not sure a film version would be allowed to capture all the swoon-worthy moments between the various characters, I'd sure like to see someone try.  Providing Ian Somerhalder is cast as Daemon! 


{ 2 } Mercy by Jodi Picoult.  This is my favorite Picoult book.  It's polarizing and damn hard to read; it made me fighting mad and made me cry and feel hopeless and hopeful and drained and full.  I truly think if given the right treatment by a good director/producer and if they stayed true to the book that this could be an AWESOME film.  Providing they let me cast the main characters.  :D


{ 3 } Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver.  Technically I think the film rights to this one have been purchased, so that's exciting, but in no way does it mean that we will get a movie.  But with all the deserved attention bullying has gotten in the last couple years, I think this story could be just as poignant, heart-breaking, and beautiful on the silver screen as it was on the pages of the book.


{ 4 } Tempest by Julie Cross.  Really?  Do I NEED to say anything about this book that I haven't already said?  We've seen a few time travel movies (Jumper, The Time Traveler's Wife, Somewhere in Time,) but nothing quite like Tempest.  I think Hollywood is in a bad need of new, original ideas and Tempest might just be that!  Sure, the notion of time travel isn't new but the mythos Julie Cross has built in Tempest is pretty darned fabulous.  Plus...I want to see Jackson on my screen!


{ 5 } Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock.  As much as I love me some Jacob Black, this werewolf story would blow Twilight right out of the water.  Hemlock is a GORGEOUS book, full of mystery and romance, I would be as excited as kid on a sugar high if this was ever made into a film! 


{ 6 } The Darkest Powers trilogy by Kelley Armstrong.  Kelley has a WAY of writing these incredibly vivid and life-like characters, and this trilogy is just stunningly awesome.  If the right crew was involved in it, I think it would make a wonderful movie, or well, probably it could be done in two movies.  There's so much action, breath-taking moments, magic, mystery, and even some swoon-y romance! 


{ 7 } Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews.  Okay, we are SO NOT talking about the original version here guys.  As creepily fantastic as Louise Fletcher was as Olivia Foxworth, I want an updated, grittier, by-the-book morbid and creepifying version that pays homage to the amazing book V.C. Andrews wrote.  The ghostwriter who has been writing "her" books for years is not allowed to touch this one.  In fact, just let me cast, write, and direct it.  :D :D


{ 8 } The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.  Okay so I know this one will likely never even have a chance at making it to the big screen.  But there is room in Hollywood for epic fantasy...look at the success of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.  Peter Jackson owned that project and did such a great job.  If someone, the right someone, were to bring Rothfuss's book/s to life, it would be my wildest, geekiest dream come true.  But casting Kvothe?  Oh my, could you even imagine! 


{ 9 } Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.  Obviously anyone who's read this book knows how swoon-worthy and utterly fantastic it is.  Between the character growth, the beautiful setting, and the romance, it is the PERFECT mixture for a cute, funny, and gorgeous film.  The only problem?  EVER attempting to cast the beautiful, romantic, crave-able, shake-able Etienne St Clair!


{10 } The Talisman/Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub.  Okay, so.  I ADORED both of these books.  The sequel seems to have split the SK fandom down the middle between those who loved it and those who hate it.  I'm okay with that because I loved it.  There was something so magical, so...pure about both books, and I will even go so far as to say that with Black House, it felt like the REAL Stephen King wrote it, unlike with some of his later books (*coughs* the last few dark tower books *coughs*).  I adored Jack Sawyer in both books, and all the supporting characters.  It's been almost ten years since Black House was published, and I've moved on from reading SK books but if he and Peter Straub ever DID write a third one?  I'd be FIRST IN LINE.  That said, I'd be terrified if they ever made either of these into a movie, which there have been rumors that that might happen, but also oddly over-the-moon excited in a totally fangirl way. 

Honorable mentions: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer | Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella | The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for visiting! I appreciate every comment, and in return, will try to visit a recent post of yours and comment. PLEASE leave a link back to your blog in the comment so I can come to your blog. And have a fabulous day!