f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Top Ten Tuesday - #18: May 8: Top Ten Favorite Quotes From Books
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - #18: May 8: Top Ten Favorite Quotes From Books






{ ++ } Hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, this meme features a different theme every week, and hey, it's Tuesday - we've got the rest of the week ahead of us.  We all need a little fun, and who doesn't love the challenge of ranking their top 10 anything...especially when it comes to books?!  I know I do, hence why I thought it'd be fun to participate, and spice things up a little!









May 8, 2012:
Top Ten Favorite Quotes From Books


{ 1 }  “Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around it, let it slide like coins through you fingers. So much time you can waste it.  But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.” - Sam |  Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

{ 2 } “When the day shall come that we do part," he said softly, and turned to look at me, "if my last words are not 'I love you'-ye'll ken it was because I didna have time.”- Jamie Frasier | The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon

{ 3 } “It is our choices, Harry, that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”- Dumbledore | Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

{ 4 } “The stars could have burned out around us, the moon could have fallen from the sky, and I wouldn't have known it. Not when he leaned indecently close and pressed his cheek against mine to murmur, "Tell me a secret."

I wanted him to tell me how he stopped time like that. How he read my mind. I wanted to admit I wondered if thoughts of me troubled him when he lay awake at night. But I could make none of that come to my lips....


Instead... I whispered back, "I've seen the future."


He didn't laugh. He didn't mock, not like he had done at Privalovna's performance. In the middle of our waltz, he stopped, nose to nose with me. He uncovered me with a look that somehow bared him, too.


And his question told me everything - that he stopped time because he needed me, that he read my mind because we were one. That I troubled his nights, indeed, because what he asked revealed it all.


"Am I with you there?”
  - Amelia van den Broek | The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell

{ 5 } “Love is the most dangerous craving of all, if you ask me. It turns us into people we aren't. It makes us feel like hell, and makes us walk on water. It ruins us for anything else.” - Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult

{ 6 } “And I realize ... it’s okay. It’s okay if St. Clair and I never become more than friends. His friendship alone has strengthened me in a way that no one else’s ever has. He swept me from my room and showed me independence. In other words, he was exactly what I needed. I won’t forget it. And I certainly don’t want to lose it.” - Anna Oliphant | Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

{ 7 } “Aren't I supposed to be brave, fearless? Isn't that what the world expects?"

"Screw what the world expects. Think about all the things you've faced. You cracked, but you didn't break. You're still standing. I'd call that fearless. You've already conquered so much.” - Michael | Hourglass by Myra McEntire

{ 8 } “There is only one page left to write on. I will fill it with words of only one syllable. I love. I have loved. I will love.” - Henry de Tamble | The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger 


{ 9 } “My parents danced together, her head on his chest. Both had their eyes closed. They seemed so perfectly content. If you can find someone like that, someone who you can hold and close your eyes to the world with, then you're lucky. Even if it only lasts for a minute or a day. The image of them gently swaying to the music is how I picture love in my mind even after all these years.”- Kvothe | The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

{ 10 } “Is that why you've been pushing me away? Because of how you look? [...] I waited for you my whole life. Yearned for you my whole life. After Tersa told me you were coming, I spent seven hundred years searching for you[....] I never gave a damn what you looked like--tall, short, fat, thin, plain, beautiful, ugly. Why would I care about what you looked like? The flesh was the shell that housed the glory[....] Even if I couldn't be your physical lover, there are other ways to be a lover and I know them all. So don't stand there and tell me how you feel depends on how you look!- Daemon Sadi | Dreams Made Flesh by Anne Bishop

(Yes, I ended on a quote from my forever book boyfriend.  Daemon Sadi will knock the socks off on any other dreamy, swoon-worthy guy out there.  I promise.  ;) )
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for visiting! I appreciate every comment, and in return, will try to visit a recent post of yours and comment. PLEASE leave a link back to your blog in the comment so I can come to your blog. And have a fabulous day!