f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Top Ten Tuesday - #19: May 22: Top Ten Blogs/Sites You Read That AREN'T about Books
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - #19: May 22: Top Ten Blogs/Sites You Read That AREN'T about Books









{ ++ } Hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, this meme features a different theme every week, and hey, it's Tuesday - we've got the rest of the week ahead of us.  We all need a little fun, and who doesn't love the challenge of ranking their top 10 anything...especially when it comes to books?!  I know I do, hence why I thought it'd be fun to participate, and spice things up a little!


May 22 2012
Top Ten Blogs/Sites You Read That AREN'T about Books 





{ 1 } Twitter.  Twitter has TAKEN OVER my life, you guys.  If my phone is updating and I can't check Twitter, I get a bit spazzy.  And really, it's not pleasant.  I NEED MY TWITTER. 

{ 2 } Charming Charlie.  I really should NOT be allowed to talk about my obsession with this place.  BUT THERE ARE COLOR TABLES.  I walked in for the first time and I literally thought, "So THIS is where Temperance Brennan jewelry shops."  IT'S AMAZING.  There are literally tables for each color you can think of - pink, yellow, brown, red, silver, white, etc.  It's genius and amazing. 

{ 3 } LiveJournal.  My home away from home.  I've blogged (or journaled) here for...8 years.  My LiveJournal account has gotten me through some of the worst times of my life and thankfully, some of the best, too.  (And yes, there was a first, older, embarrassing account that I WON'T be linking to.  *cringes*)

{ 4 } Facebook.  I don't visit Facebook THAT much, but I do love it for keeping up with people's lives who I don't get to see very often.  I don't do any of the games on there - I don't have time - but it has its uses. 

{ 5 } iTunes.  Let's just get this out of the way.  I am a music junkie.  I currently have right at 4,000 songs on my iPod.  That doesn't count the butt ton of music I HAVEN'T ripped into my library or the new stuff I'm downloading weekly.  I...REALLY love music.  When I'm at work during the day it kills me to not be able to have music in the office.  Sometimes I sneak my phone out just so I can turn on some music (really low) to keep me going at night when I work late.  I.  Love.  Music.  My credit card cringes when I open my itunes.  (I was going to show y'all a screen shot of my iTunes but I can't get it to upload.  BOO!) 

{ 6 } Lane Bryant.  I can't shop here often (which is good, because I really AM a shop-a-holic) but when I have a bit of money (hahaha like that EVER happens) I love checking out this site or one of their shops for cute graphics tees, and other such girly things. 

{ 7 } Amazon.com.  Again, with the shop-a-holic theme.  I spend a bit too much time here browsing for good prices of DVD sets and other awesome things.  (Yesterday was purses.  I make no apologies and regret nothing.) 

{ 8 } IMDB.com.  Okay so I KNOW this site can be unreliable at times but most times it feeds my need to squee over any new projects my favorite actors/actresses are involved in.  And yes, I routinely stalk the cast of Firefly's pages to see if they have anything new coming up. 

{ 9 } TV Line.  This site feeds my addiction to know what's going on with my shows.  I read spoilers rather randomly but I love that the site lets me know what's renewed, what's cancelled, etc. 

{ 10 } Goodreads.  HAHA.  Y'all thought I was going to follow the rules for this whole list?  I had to sneak in one book-ish site.  I'm at Goodreads every day.  I'm ALWAYS finding awesome new book recs there.