f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: 2012 End of the Year Survey Part 3
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, December 28, 2012

2012 End of the Year Survey Part 3





1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012? 
I didn't meet as many new bloggers in 2012  - for shame, that's one of my goals in 2013 - but instead concentrated on getting to better know bloggers I was already following.  I think I did a decent job of that, and I'm still working on improving.  My favorite new-to-me book blog I discovered is Giselle at Book Nerd Canada.  Giselle is an amazing web designer (she's helping me re-design ONCE!) and her posts, especially her advice for bloggers, are great!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2012? 
My review of Send Me A Sign by Tiffany Schmidt.  I can't stop talking about this FANTASTIC book, and how much it touched my heart.  I remember crying while I wrote the review - this book meant THAT much to me.  I talked in the review about this, but I lost my Grandma Jean to cancer in 2009 and her loss hit me SO profoundly.  I miss her all the time.
 
Little Me with my Grandma Jean
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
I've had some good ones, and people tell me my discussion posts and topics are awesome... (you can submit a topic here if you'd like!)  I think my favorite one was when I discussed how to get regular comments on your blog.  I have a pretty awesome group of people that make it a point to stop by my blog regularly and I love them for that.
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog? 
I'm incredibly fond of Rachel's Book Blogging 101 tips - I can always find something useful there, or a tip I'd forgotten that makes SO much sense.  I've also really enjoyed Anna's discussion posts! 
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Armchair BEA 2012!  It was SO much fun interacting and chatting with other bloggers, visiting participant's posts.  I even won an ARC of Crewel!  (Also it's interesting to see that despite the fact that I read a lot of books after Armchair BEA, most of my "best of" books this year were ones I'd already read at that point!) 
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2012?
 7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
I'd say my discussion posts are the most popular!  Also my review of Anna and the French Kiss got like 25 comments, which was AWESOME.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
My review of Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone.  It deserves ALL THE PRAISE.   
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Epic Reads, and as a result, Tea Time with Epic Reads!  I love Margut and Aubry and their Tea Time videos on Wednesday.  They are too awesome and their site is a MUST for book lovers!
10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I originally challenged myself to read 100 books - which is HUGE because I barely made my goal of 50 last year.  I broke 100 awhile back and will hopefully reach 120 this year!  I'm setting the same goal for 2013 of 100!  
Looking Ahead...
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
So many.  *sighs*  Probably Something Like Normal by Trish Doller.  I SO SO wanted to read it this year, so I've made it part of my 2013 TBR Challenge.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
Check it here
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
I have a whole post coming up soon on this very topic but I'd say, get back to the reasons I started this blog, and focus more on those goals and values!  
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for visiting! I appreciate every comment, and in return, will try to visit a recent post of yours and comment. PLEASE leave a link back to your blog in the comment so I can come to your blog. And have a fabulous day!